Code of Conduct
The Code of Conduct is a guide to all EerieCon convention
members. Its mission is to ensure that the behavior of one
individual does not adversely affect the rest of the members.
All members are encouraged to read this Code and ask questions
EerieCon is prepared to deal with any violations of the
code as rapidly as possible. We hope that all members of
EerieCon respect the rights of other attendees and make it an
enjoyable experience for everyone. Failure to adhere to the
Code of Conduct may result in:
- Mediation between all parties involved
- Verbal warnings
- Turning the individual in to hotel security
- Revocation of membership and ejection from EerieCon
- Contacting local law enforcement
EerieCon reserves the right to revoke membership and eject
any individual from Eeriecon. No refunds will be provided.
- Personal Interaction:
- We ask that you respect others so that
everyone is comfortable and feels safe at EerieCon. Harassment
of others will not be tolerated.
- If someone asks you to leave them alone or tells you no,
walk away and do not approach them again. There is no reason
for you to have any further interaction with them.
- Discrimination of any sort is not tolerated.
- If you feel that you have been harassed or discriminated
- Tell the individual that their behavior is
- If telling them once does not work or you feel
uncomfortable talking to them, please report the
situation to an EerieCon staff member or to the Dorsai
Security. If possible provide a badge name or number and
a description of the person involved.
- Please keep in mind that unless an incident
has been reported, nothing can be done.
- ID Badges:
- Your badge identifies you as a
member and gets you into all the convention activities.
You are required to wear it at all EerieCon sponsored
activities. If you lose it, not only do you become one of
them but also you must purchase a new one. So
don't lose it! Do not share your badge with
- Room Parties:
- EerieCon allows our attendees to host parties
in their own rooms on Friday and Saturday night. However, as we will
not occupy the entire hotel, no parties will be allowed outside of
the designated room party area — including 'closed door' or
- To arrange for your room to be placed in the
designated area, you must register your room party with the convention.
E-mail us at
the following information:
- Name on Room Reservation
- Reservation Number
- Party Name
- Day(s) the party will run
- Please do not post any signs for your party in
the public areas of the hotel (e.g. lobby, elevators, hallways). Signs
may be posted in convention space (e.g. con suite, function
- The legal drinking age in New York
State is 21. If you wish to drink at con parties or in the
Con Suite, you must be prepared to show proof of age. Illegal
drugs are, well, illegal. Don't use them at this
- Weapons must be peace-bonded at all
times except for the contestants during the masquerade. Please
use common sense.
- Please do not post anything in the hotel without the
permission of Big Brother (or Big Sister).
EerieCon reserves the right to amend the code of
conduct at any time without prior or posted notice and
reserves the sole right of interpretation. The preceding
rules are not all inclusive and each incident will be judged
individually. Any action or behavior that is illegal, unsafe,
causes significant interference with convention operations,
excessive discomfort to members or adversely affects EerieCon
is strictly forbidden.